Things to do Near Fisherman's Wharf & the Bay Area
Hotel Zephyr is positioned in San Francisco's premier shopping, dining, and entertainment district, Fisherman's Wharf. Staying with us makes it easy for you to explore the very best attractions of the San Francisco Bay Area. The hotel is one city block in size and is set between Beach Street and Jefferson Street on East-West Streets and between Mason and Powell Streets North-South.
Big Bus Tours and Tower Tours are located on property and offer city hop on and hop off double-deck buses and transportation to Napa Valley, Yosemite National Park, Muir Woods, and other Northern California destinations. Blazing Saddles Bike Rentals offers a variety of bikes to get you and your group to the Golden Gate Bridge. Guests can walk across the street to explore the world-famous Pier 39 and catch a ferry to historic Alcatraz Island, or walk two blocks to catch a quick cable car ride to Union Square, North Beach, or Chinatown.
Fisherman's Wharf Tourism & Areas of Interest
- Fisherman’s Wharf — Have a blast enjoying the sights, sounds and tastes of the quintessential ‘Frisco landmark.
- North Beach — The home of San Fran’s Little Italy as well as the Beat movement, this neighborhood has no shortage of fantastic restaurants and engaging festivals.
- Financial District — Charles Schwab, Wells Fargo, Gap and many other corporations are headquartered here in the “Wall Street of the West.”
- Marina District — This happening waterfront area boasts a delightful collection of unique stores and nightclubs
- Chinatown — The oldest of its kind in North America, you’ll love experiencing the fascinating mix of culture, history and cuisine found here.
- Union Square — Art galleries, theaters and an attractive and relaxing park make this section of the city a standout
- South of Market District — A large and diverse area, SoMa is home to many fascinating museums as well as a number of tech companies such as Twitter, CNET and Wired.